El Matador Lodge
The Matador Ranch may not be the first place you think of when planning private events or a corporate gathering. But, from May through August the ranch welcomes non-hunting guests at its El Matador Lodge.
For information and rates, contact Kim Woolsey at 806-347-2600 or via email at email@example.com.
Private or Corporate Events
Built in 2008, El Matador Lodge can accommodate groups for any special occasion, such as meetings, retreats or family events.
- Lodge staff will arrange the great room and dining area to meet your needs
- The common areas and dining room can comfortably accommodate up to 50 people
- Use of a private conference room that accommodates 8-10 people
- Mid-morning refreshments featuring homemade bakery selections and fresh fruit
- Afternoon snacks including chips and freshly made dips, cookies and popcorn
- Meeting concierge to assist in all aspects of your program planning and operation
- Other meeting services available upon request
- Alcohol is not available but individual guests are welcome to bring their own
Overnight stays at El Matador Lodge
The El Matador Lodge is a comfortable place to bunk after a day of hiking or sightseeing. But before you rest your head you can enjoy delicious meals prepared on-site and selected from our daily menu, play pool in our great room, or sit outside and gaze at the stars. A minimum of four rooms are required for an overnight stay at the lodge.
We offer quality accommodations and amenities:
- 11 guest rooms with queen-sized beds, premium linens and flat-screen televisions
- Pool table and large-screen television in the living area
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the lodge
- Sheltered outdoor lounging area with fire pit
- Shopping at the Matador Ranch Store, stocked with ranch souvenirs ─ from cookbooks to baseball caps to hunting apparel
- Daily menu for lunch and dinner, served in a warm and inviting dining area (for lodgers selecting the full meal plan)
- Our signature Wagyu-cross rib eye steaks are available upon request
- Soft drinks, bottled water, tea and coffee are available 24/7
- Customary check-in is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
Daily Rates: (Single or Double Occupancy — maximum two persons per room)
- Lodging with continental breakfast: $150/day + tax
- Breakfast features juices, fresh fruit, homemade pastries, yogurt and an assortment of cereals
- Lodging with the full meal plan: $250/day + tax
- Includes continental breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Rates are subject to change and availability.
What to do at the ranch
Situated on the Rolling Plains of Texas, just a stone’s throw from the Llano Estacado, the ranch’s terrain can be very flat or marked by rugged canyons. No matter where you are, the skies are big and vast, and our small communities offer many opportunities to explore, with Matador Ranch as your base.
Here is a list of suggested activities. The lodge coordinator is happy to discuss these and other options, along with pricing for overnight stays. Some activities will require advance notice. Lodge transportation is available for some activities and fees will vary based on mileage.
- Tour the ranch at sunset or throughout the day
- Hike the Palo Duro Canyon’s southern tip at Caprock Canyon State Park, 30 miles north of Matador Ranch
- Enjoy the back roads of West Texas on your bike or motorcycle, see beautiful flowers, abundant wildlife, cattle, horses and all things associated with a ranching lifestyle
- Enjoy the quiet comfort of the lodge
- Stargazing in the evening, while listening to the night sounds
- Get back to nature
- Area attractions can be found at the Motley County Chamber of Commerce website